Welcome to my blog – a site committed to finding the healthier, more vibrant and beautiful you! My goal is to explore all aspects of health; helping you discover your inner as well as your outer beauty. I'd like to invite you to join me and begin your own personal journey to health and wellness. Let’s learn together through sharing our own unique experiences; turning them into growth opportunities. You know, you truly can be all you ever dreamed of and more! It is right here waiting for you to attain, and so much easier when we join together as women and friends seeking the same ultimate goal. I welcome your comments and look forward to getting to know you. May God bless your journey... ~Susan~




Wednesday, November 2, 2011

3 Steps to Achieving an Amazing Attitude

I gazed out my front door this morning to a blanket of fresh-fallen snow and a glistening world of white. That is, except for my beautiful purple petunia, hanging happily in my entryway still blooming away; rebelliously oblivious to the winter weather. She wasn’t withered or wilted; not even a bit. No cold weather was going to get the best of her – she was going to blossom where she was planted!

There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go. ~ Frederick Faber

How I wish I could be like that cheerful, blissfully content petunia; just blooming away weathering the storm no matter what the circumstances. Have you ever known someone like that? The one with the permanent smiley affixed to their face? The one who has a lilt to their voice and an obvious song in their heart?


A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~ Herm Albright

I probably shouldn’t admit this, but I even think they irritate me sometimes - a little jealousy factor appearing on the scene. Am I alone here? Deep down I believe we all want to be like that and just haven’t figured out how to recreate ourselves into a positively contented and happy human being.

It causes me to ponder why I have forever been such a negative person. I used to state, very adamantly I might add, that my outlook wasn't "negative", just very "realistic". It took me most of a lifetime, but I can now honestly and openly make the admission that my glass is most definitely half-empty, NOT half-full. 

Anywhere is paradise; it's up to you ~ Author Unknown

But it’s just plain work, isn’t it? - that cheerful and sunny outlook. Unfortunately, whatever does not “come naturally”, takes a lot of dedication, perseverance and hard work to put in place. We recoil at that thought, don’t we? Speaking for myself, retraining my behavior is about as appealing as vacationing in an igloo at the North Pole.

The soul does not absorb negativity by accident, always by choice ~ Dodinsky

It’s a tedious process to alter what’s been “stuck like glue” to your unique (and negative) personality for so long and it will require that you:

1)   Recognize that you do indeed have a negative-type outlook

2)   Pause and ponder choices for positive alternative behaviors

3)   Take immediate and definitive action for improvement


Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty. ~ J. Andrew Helt

And it will all be worth it - for a positive and healthy state of mind can carry you through the worst of times; be like toasted marshmallows and candy on a yummy chocolate cupcake during the best of times; and make life a whole lot easier on those who are blessed with your presence. I guess it’s really true that “attitude is everything”...

Anyone game for an attitude adjustment? Your thoughts please?

May God bless your journey,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment