Welcome to my blog – a site committed to finding the healthier, more vibrant and beautiful you! My goal is to explore all aspects of health; helping you discover your inner as well as your outer beauty. I'd like to invite you to join me and begin your own personal journey to health and wellness. Let’s learn together through sharing our own unique experiences; turning them into growth opportunities. You know, you truly can be all you ever dreamed of and more! It is right here waiting for you to attain, and so much easier when we join together as women and friends seeking the same ultimate goal. I welcome your comments and look forward to getting to know you. May God bless your journey... ~Susan~




Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas, Chaos & the Countdown

Merry Christmas
Well, the countdown to Christmas is now in the single digits. I feel like I accomplished a lot last week with the decorating finished; my Christmas letter written; and the packages wrapped and under the tree. I am very thankful that I took the time this year to ponder and decide what's really important to me and what activities I can let go; avoiding the typical Christmas chaos. It's been so enjoyable taking the time each day to sit and gaze at the Christmas tree and all the pretty decorations, while sipping a cinnamon-sprinkled green juice in my favorite winter goblets or savoring a cup of hot peppermint tea.

I also buy a new Christmas CD each year and this year I purchased Casting Crowns Peace on Earth ~ it was a wonderful choice (thanks to my sister, Marj, for the recommendation)! These moments of relaxation are so rejuvenating and I'm thinking I should make this daily bit of 'me time' a New Year's Resolution...

Sugar, icing and sprinkles...
This coming week I hope to bake some Christmas goodies. I really love to decorate sugar cookies and, even though I can’t eat them with my food sensitivities, I think I’ll bake them anyway. My husband and family will certainly enjoy having cookies and I can always give them away as gifts. Maybe I’ll sneak just one teeny bite…

Special family traditions that mean so much...

Saturday evening my husband and I will attend the candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church with our daughter and her family.  It’s always been a special tradition at our house to attend this service together. After all, there would be no Christmas to celebrate without God's sending the Christ child and His lasting promise of eternal life.


Excitement fills the air...
I love the way the whole church is filled with the excitement of children; eagerly anticipating soon-to-be-opened gifts under the tree. And what could be a better reminder of another very special and highly anticipated event; the birth of Baby Jesus in Bethlehem so many years ago.

God's wonder and love...

Happiness abounds with lots of “Merry Christmas” greetings and smiling, happy faces. Christmas Eve is such a beautiful night; filled with God’s wonder and love. It’s a deep inner joy and warm feeling of togetherness sent straight from heaven above that I will cherish in my heart for many years to come...

May God bless you and yours with beautiful
 Christmas memories

No comments:

Post a Comment