If I asked you what drinks you loved to sip on in the heat of summer, you might say iced tea, lemonade, root beer floats or iced coffees to name a few. But I’m relatively sure my new “fav” drink would NOT be on your list!
It’s sweet and tangy with just a bit of a bite.
It’s incredibly economical on your finances and what’s more, it’s healthy! That’s right, it’s GOOD FOR YOU!
If only I could give it an enticing name that would eliminate all of your preconceived ideas J. BUT since that’s not possible, I’ll just come right out and say it in my teeny tiny little voice “Iced Vinegar Water”. Ok, now that you’re freaking out, calm down, catch your breath and stay with me…
Obviously, you wouldn’t want to down vinegar straight because then you really would have a reason to try to catch your breath! Lol
Because I can’t have sugar, here’s how I make my tasty drink:
(1) Fill a tall glass with ice cubes (good as a hot drink, too)
(2) Add 1 T organic raw, non-distilled vinegar with the “mother” left in it (be sure to shake it)
(3) 12-16 drops liquid Stevia (sweetness to taste)
For those of you who have no problems with sugar, try adding raw organic honey. Yummy!
It’s an interesting fact that acid reflux and heartburn result from too little acid in your stomach, NOT too much!
Apple cider vinegar will mimic the acid level of your stomach and help you digest your food properly. It’s very important that your use organic apple cider vinegar that still has the enzymes in it called the “mother”. This is where the healing properties are. Try to pick vinegar that is made from whole, organically grown apples, with no added chemical preservatives. Your local health food store or online supplier will be your best bet.
It really is good for you! Let me tell you why:
Raw apple cider vinegar contains over 40 different naturally occurring substances from vitamins and minerals, to enzymes and beneficial bacteria.
1) Natural bacteria fighter
2) Contains minerals and trace elements such as magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, silicon and fluorine
3) Acts as a blood thinner aiding with the prevention of high blood pressure naturally
4) Detoxifies and purifies various organs in the body such as your kidneys, bladder and liver flushing harmful toxins from your body
5) Promotes healthy digestion
7) Reduces the risk of certain cancers
8) Assists in weight loss by speeding up metabolism
“The group that got the vinegar lost several pounds on average and that was significant compared to the placebo group that had no change in their weight.” ~ Carol Johnston
9) Balances your body’s pH
10) Helps acid reflux and other stomach ailments
Like anything that is “good” for you, it isn’t going to improve your health in a day. Stick with this natural tonic that is also a delicious drink and experience better health.