Welcome to my blog – a site committed to finding the healthier, more vibrant and beautiful you! My goal is to explore all aspects of health; helping you discover your inner as well as your outer beauty. I'd like to invite you to join me and begin your own personal journey to health and wellness. Let’s learn together through sharing our own unique experiences; turning them into growth opportunities. You know, you truly can be all you ever dreamed of and more! It is right here waiting for you to attain, and so much easier when we join together as women and friends seeking the same ultimate goal. I welcome your comments and look forward to getting to know you. May God bless your journey... ~Susan~




Tuesday, June 14, 2011

THE VALUE OF "VIBRANT"


Definition of VIBRANT:  Pulsating with life, vigor or activity
 In life there is a price for everything of any value and your health is no different. Good health is a thing of great value.
Let me ask you something and please be honest with yourself:
If you continue down the path you’re on, what will your health look like 5 years from now?  10 years from now?
Does your answer to this question frighten you? Is this the destination you want to end up at on your life’s journey?
We live in a time of demanding “instant gratification”. We expect a diet to fix us in a month when it took years for our bodies to get in this mess. We fall helplessly for sales pitches for exercise equipment expecting our bodies to be toned and in bikinis by summer. It’s insane how we play out this scenario year after year expecting different results!

The magazines at the checkout stands always make me smile. Same stuff month after month…The cover is always graced with a luscious picture of a delectable dessert, while at the same time claiming you can lose 16 pounds in two weeks on some amazing diet. And then there’s the exercises that are going to get you toned up and ready for summer (which you’d better triple up on, if you’re going to eat that irresistible dessert!). What’s even more unbelievable is that we women keep buying these magazines and believing the lies.

Well, ladies, here’s the deal. It’s all about choices. Choices that we need to make every day on this extremely important journey to health and wellness. In my last blog, I talked about healthy choices when it comes to our diet. Today I’m going to talk about healthy choices when it comes to activity. Here are three things that I personally believe are vital to your success:

1)      Pick activities that you enjoy
2)     Plan a ‘doable’ activity schedule
3)     Set reasonable goals for weight loss
4)     Be consistent ALWAYS!

One thing I see over and over is women sabotaging themselves from the get go with ridiculous exercise routines that they will never continue over a max of a couple of months. Sadly, many think that if they’re not doing an extremely rigorous routine and, a long one at that, they’re never going to get in shape. Actually, it is really true that they’re never going to get in shape, because they’re going to quit before they get there! It’s just not realistic to over exert yourself and to schedule more time for activity than is reasonable to fit in your day.

Listen while I tell you a big secret. IT’S DOESN’T HAVE TO BE HARD! My workout consists of just 30 minutes of cardio a day (6 days a week), and less than 10 minutes of strength toning with weights each day. Yes, I do sweat a little during the cardio, but I certainly don’t make it so difficult that I dread it each day. My weights consist of 2 lb. wrist weights that I wear while I do my cardio workout on the treadmill. My strength toning consists of two, 3 lb. hand weights doing a routine that I created myself done entirely while lying on my back on the floor. Sounds rough, huh? I’m sure you’re thinking that 3 lb. weights are really wimping out, but it’s all it took for me to have firm abs and toned arms. And NO! it didn’t happen overnight. It took persistence over time. My personal experience has proven that it’s not how hard you’re working out – it’s that you’re consistently working out every day and every day and every day!

Are you ready to take the next step on your journey to health and wellness? Isn’t it time you made ACTIVITY a healthy habit in your life? Just remember:

Keep it CONSISTENT ~ Keep it SIMPLE ~ Keep it FUN!

Think of it as building a healthy fit body one day at a time on your journey to health and wellness. What an awesome way to strengthen your body and spirit; increase your circulation, purge toxins, bolster your immune system and boost your spirit. Activity is truly a vital component of Finding the Healthier More Vibrant and Beautiful You!

No comments:

Post a Comment